Saturday, March 28, 2009
Three players were also selected to the All Tournament team. Congrats to Katy DeBruin, Desiree Long, and "Most Valuable Player" Layne Castro!
B Team updates to come...
B team updates to follow...
Friday, October 17, 2008
- Tournament Gender: Co-ed
- Sport: Volleyball
- Tournament Dates: Jan 30.- Feb. 1
- Host team(s): Arizona Men's and Women's Club Volleyball
- Tournament Entry Fee: $150 per team / $100 per additional team
- Men's Team Contact: Michael Harrison (President) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women's Team Contact: Katy De Bruin(President) email@example.com
- Format: broken into AM waves (women's teams) and PM waves (men's teams) with both pool play and bracket formats
Additional Information... We have a great place for teams to stay near campus and fun nightlife for a reasonable cost. If you have any interest at all please contact us. We are very excited to hear from all of you and please pass this information along to other club reps. Thank you!
- Four Points Sheraton: Ideal for those teams who will not have their own transportation here. It is located accross the street from campus. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=97506
- Riverpark Inn: Located on 8 acres with a 2.5 acre courtyard just a few miles away from campus with complimentary full American breakfast each morning of your stay. We will have discounted team rates that will be less expensive than the Sheraton listed above. http://www.theriverparkinn.com/ (Be sure to tell them you're with the Arizona Women's Club Volleyball Tournament)
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Get on our e-mail list (for updates/reminders), meet officers, & learn about the club at:
Wildcat Night = Student Rec Center = August 25th = 6-9pm
Student Involvement Fair = UA Mall = August 28th = 10am - 1pm
Whether you can make it to the fairs or not, come to open gym to sharpen your skills, get back in shape, or just to have fun. These practices are free. Come get to know the returning girls and see if club volleyball is for you!
OPEN GYMS: Free! = Student Rec Center, North Gym
Tuesday, September 2nd (8-10pm)
Sunday, September 7th (8-10pm)
Tuesday, September 9th (8-10pm)
Tryouts start September 14th. Get the word out. Tell everyone you know that may be interested. As you may, or may not know, club volleyball is student funded, and there are A LOT of expenses throughout the season to pay for all of our coaching, tournaments, etc. That is why there is a try out fee of $20. No big deal though, you'll get a great workout and meet tons of new friends at this event!
TRY OUTS: $20 fee = Student Rec Center, North Gym
Sunday, September 14th (8-10pm)
Tuesday, September 16th (8-10pm)
Thursday, September 18th (8-10pm)
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask our officers. They'll be happy to help you with any concerns you may have. You can find their email addresses on this page.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Finished 9th overall out of 48 teams in Division I.
Defensive specialist, Mikaela Knutson, had traveling problems with the airlines and missed the first day of play. Outside hitter and president of the club, Katy DeBruin still out with a broken hand. Senior middle blocker, Katie Grogan, hurt on second day with a knee injury. Diagnosis still to come.
Finished 6th overall out of 12 teams in Division III.
Jessica Damasco had traveling problems with the airlines and missed the first day of play.
More information can be found at www.nirsa.org